Hyundai Veloster Gets SuperPro Treatment
Back in 2013, Hyundai released a brand new member to their racing pedigree, the Veloster Race Concept car. The Veloster has been engineered and designed with the highest quality and standards. SuperPro is proud that Hyundai chose their products to help build the Veloster including the SuperPro's new Roll Control Range.
“We loved working on this project with Hyundai and we’re very happy with the outcome. The Veloster is a great new vehicle for Hyundai.” – Ryan Scudamore-Smith, Sales Director, SuperPro.
The vehicle made extensive use of lightweight components and high performance racing parts from the SuperPro Roll Control range to provide dynamic handling and better control.
The SuperPro Parts used in the Veloster race car include:
Poly Bushing Kits
- SPF2879-20K: Anti-roll bar to chassis bushes
- SPF2102K: Front lower control arm rear bushes (double-offset to increase caster which provides greater straight-line stability, sharper turn-in and better steering weight)
- SPF3933K: Front lower control arm front bushes
- SPF3934K: Rear beam axle to chassis bushes
- SPF3936K: Engine-steady bushing kit to reduce engine movement under load
Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars
- RC0019FZ-26: Uprated 26mm heavy-duty 2-position blade adjustable front anti-roll bar
- RC0019RZ-18: Uprated 18mm heavy-duty 2-position blade adjustable front anti-roll bar
Developed in Australia, Hyundai made sure the Veloster met all necessary tarmac rally regulations and requirements, using high performance parts and specifications, namely:
- 1.6-litre turbo engine
- Twin-scroll turbocharger
- Stainless steel hi-flow exhaust system
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Multi-point roll cage (FIA and CAMS compliant)
- Recaro Spa Hans, carbon seats
- Multipoint 3” seat belts
- Alcon race brakes.
- Front: 4-Pot, 355mm rotors.
- Rear: 2-Pot, 300mm rotors
- Alcon hydraulic handbrake
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Project Mu competition brake Pads
- Kevlar high pressure fuel lines
- Sparco race steering wheel
- Sparco on board fire extinguisher system
- DMS 4-Way adjustable suspension
- SuperPro Roll Control adjustable anti-roll bars and suspension bushes
- Team Dynamics 18 x 8 race wheels
- Pirelli P Zero Trofeo tyres
- Anti-glare dash board
- Light weight carbon interior
- Carbon mirrors
- Custom rear wing
- Custom front lip spoiler
SuperPro Europe are now offering the exact same upgrades for all road-going Hyundai Velosters. As with all SuperPro upgrades, the parts are designed to improve on the original manufacturer components to provide greater control, reduced tyre wear, longer lifespan and better handling but without increasing noise, vibration or harshness (NVH). Developed for the road - proven on the race track.